NOVA Mentor 6 Light
Certification: EN/LTF B
Three-liner | 59 cells | 5.43 aspect ratio | 4,2 kilo weight - size S
Check out the longest flights on NOVA Mentor gliders.
MENTOR 6 Light - Less weight, zero limits
At home in the B class and travelling the world - the MENTOR 6 Light in size S is a hefty 850 grams lighter than its big brother but offers the same ingenious new developments like Zig-Zag 3D-Shaping, the innovative Mini-Rib Vector Tape, Double-B Splits and new risers. Since sometimes during Hike&Fly you might get choppy conditions, the MENTOR 6 Light also comes with a plus trim in comfort next to the high performance.
The MENTOR 6 Light mainly differentiates itself from MENTOR 6 in terms of weight. We chose weight-optimised Skytex 27 cloth on the upper and lower surface. Nice to know: We offer the same guarantee for this cloth as we do for our regular sail cloths. Why? It is very important to us that you can enjoy your NOVA wing for a long time. Despite its lightweight design, we use the most robust materials possible and on the wing nose, we have additionally used double-sided coated 30D cloth.
No compromises in comfort. Apart from the gallery lines, all lines are sheathed and nearly sort themselves. Instead of "Spaghetti-straps", we use new aerodynamically slim risers, with the design based on the Speedbrake Riser. These ensure optimal C-steering and even at the launch lie comfortably in the hand. This means the MENTOR 6 Light is easy to inflate and the weight-optimised canopy climbs even more easily than the normal version.
A typical Mentor. Which means that you can expect exactly what the name MENTOR traditionally promises from our new glider: best performance in the EN B class. An experienced pilot will soon realise that the MENTOR 6 Light gives useful feedback about what is happening with the wing in flight and at the same time leaves enough room for manoeuvre to actively fly the glider's great potential. Our new ergonomic brake handles make this even more comfortable.
Simply honest. The MENTOR 6 Light’s performance is easily accessible and is therefore suitable for local soaring as well as being perfect for ambitious FAI triangles, hike & fly and vol biv. In strong thermals, it convinces with its relaxed and comfortable flying characteristics and, for its class, a very high level of passive safety (flat aspect ratio: 5.43). Especially for pilots who like to climb mountains on foot, the combined low weight and small packing size make the MENTOR 6 Light an all-rounder: light on the back and as enthusiastic about going XC as you are.
Short and compact
- Zig-Zag 3D-Shaping. As well as the double 3D-shaped seams, there is an additional diagonal 3D-shaped seam on every cell. This forms a striking zig-zag pattern. The advantage of Zig-Zag 3D-Shaping is that this seam doesn’t run in the direction of the spanwise force. This means the seam runs more cleanly and is more aerodynamically advantageous. This innovation reduces the creases in the leading edge.
- Weight-optimised cloth. We not only test the sail cloth for durability (high porosity or reduced tear resistance through UV damage or wear) but also for mechanical robustness, for example stretching. For quality control purposes we regularly take samples during serial production.
- Mini-Rib Vector Tape. Mini-ribs increase the number of cells in the rear wing area and thus provide an aerodynamically more favourable trailing edge. The MENTOR 6 Light has an additional vector tape in this area. This tape reduces the crease that is created when braking. This markedly increases climb performance and handling. Additionally, there is a brake gathering system on the trailing edge. These features mean the MENTOR 6 Light has a beautiful, smooth trailing edge, even when the brakes are applied.
- New risers. The risers on the MENTOR 6 Light are a further development of the Speedbrake Riser and this means the B-line area is also shortened when the C-line area is pulled during accelerated flight. The advantage is that when using C-steering, there is no performance-limiting crease between the B-line and C-line areas, which is otherwise typical in three-liners. The new MENTOR 6 Light comes with the new riser as standard, so no retrofitting of the Speedbrake Riser is necessary. The new risers are practical and lie comfortably in the hand - during groundhandling and when getting ready to launch.
- Ergonomic brake handles. We developed the new brake handles for the MENTOR 6, so of course, they also feature on the MENTOR 6 Light. The new brake handles have an ergonomic design and are comfortable to handle.
- Double-B splits. These double-B splits are similar to the double-A splits in two-liners and these allow for better load distribution in the chord direction. This ensures more stability and fewer creases between the individual line areas.
Pilot target group
The MENTOR 6 light is a paraglider with an impressive performance which has – in the hands of an experienced pilot – a very manageable handling and extreme flight behaviour. Flying the MENTOR 6 light does require a level of skill. Although certified as EN B, the MENTOR 6 light is not suitable for beginners and occasional pilots. But any pilot with the ambition to advance their sound flying knowledge to another level will find a perfect partner in the MENTOR 6 light. Particularly experienced cross-country pilots who like to fly at top speed for long flights will love the enhanced performance of this glider.
Would you like to know if this is the right wing for you or would you like to test fly one? Please get in touch with us.
Scope of Delivery
We Also Recommend