SkyBean SkyDrop Battery Kit
Gain maximum flying hours with SkyDrop Double Battery Kit for SkyDrop. Turn your vario into a powerful machine for long flight adventures. The Weigh of SkyDrop with double battery is only 88g.
Double Li-Poly single cell 1800 mAh battery (USB rechargeable)
Enlarged rear cover kit
only audio mode 26h
audio + Altitude logger, without GPS 24h
audio + Bluetooth 20h
audio + GPS logger 18h
audio + GPS logger + bluetooth 15h
How to exchange battery?
Disassemble SkyDrop and remove the battery by disconnecting the connector by using your nail, not by pulling the cable. The battery is glued to PCB by very strong adhesive, so it cannot be pulled out because it will (for sure!) destroy the device. Instead of pulling, the battery must be rotated around Z axis (normal to PCB). Connect the double battery to PCB, then place the battery into enlarged rear cover (same way as the old battery) and put SkyDrop back together. Video coming soon.
Follow these steps
- Remove two screws from the bottom side of vario using PZ1 screwdriver and remove the bottom cover. Remove also colour rubber ring for better manipulation.
- Unplug battery connector using a nail, don't pull cable.
- The battery is glued to the mainboard (PCB) by very strong adhesive, so it cannot be pulled out, because it will (for sure!) destroy the SD cardholder. The battery must be rotated around an axis normal to PCB, what will produce shear stress to adhesive and PCB components, which will break adhesive, but no PCB.
- Put the new battery same way and on the same place, the footprint has both batteries the same, the only thickness is different. Correct placement is symmetric between two pillions for screws.
- Connect the new battery to PCB pushing its connector to PCB.
- Place rubber ring by raised collar facing to PCB.
- Place new back cover, the first arrange USB connector into its hole, then clap the opposite side.
- Put screws back or use new ones, if they are worn. Use PZ1 tool for best results.
How to install a double battery kit
In this video, you can see, how to correctly upgrade your standard SkyDrop vario with double battery. Please watch this video before upgrading your standard SkyDrop with the double battery kit. The most important part is to remove the current battery without damaging the SD card holder. You must TWIST NOT PULL the battery from the board (PCB), please be gentle.
We Also Recommend