NOVA Prion 4 (EN A-School)
Certification: EN/LTF A
The New A Class - PRION 4 Fly Safely
The PRION 4 offers much and demands little. Regardless of whether you are making your first turns in a thermal or if you are flying big distances in unknown areas, in every case you will benefit from the simplicity and innovations designed into the PRION 4.
Safe and intuitive. The colour-coded risers and lines reduce the risk of mistakes during your pre-flight check. Launching this weight-optimised wing is particularly easy. In the air, the PRION 4 excites with its agile handling and light brake pressure. The PRION's new profile and low aspect ratio provide big safety margins at any flight attitude.
Proven technologies and high-quality materials. The PRION 4 features nearly all technologies which also distinguish our higher certified wings. The redesigned internal architecture with additional diagonal ribs makes the wing more rigid and therefore more solid in the turbulent air. Thanks to a newly developed cloth (Dokdo20D) and the structurally optimised slots in the wing's interior, we were able to reduce its weight by nearly 10%. This benefits the wing's agility and behaviour.
Performance in thermals and during cross-country flights. With an FAI triangle of more than 209km, the PRION 3 proved its suitability for cross-country flying at the highest level. This is all the more true for the PRION 4. The brake line is made of PPSLS 65 - the thinnest sheathed line on the market. This means very little drag, whilst the lines remain easy to sort.
The balanced handling and the compact canopy will enable you to climb efficiently in thermals. The PRION 4 - no limits to your adventures.
The PRION 4 is a very docile wing with simple launch and landing characteristics. It convinces with outstanding simplicity when preparing for takeoff, pleasant handling and a high level of passive safety. Thanks to its performance, it is also suitable for long cross-country flights as well as relaxed soaring.
- The PRION 4 only has two line galleries and approximately 25% fewer line elements than its predecessor. This makes the sorting of the lines much easier.
- The brake handles and risers are differentiated by colour: red (left) and green (right). Additionally, the back of the risers is marked. This helps to avoid clipping in the wrong way.
- The PRION 4 is fitted with an Adjustable Handle as standard. This is an innovative brake handle, which can be individually adjusted to the pilot’s hand and this makes it easier to hold in the correct position. The Adjustable Handle was developed in collaboration with the DHV.
- The risers and lines are colour-coded as recommended by the Paraglider Manufacturers Association (PMA): A = red, B = yellow, C = blue, brake = orange, stabilo line = green.
- The wing interior of the PRION 4 has been weight-optimised and we have used the most up-to-date clothes available. This makes the wing easier to carry, simpler to launch and more gentle in extreme flight. For more information see the Weight Optimised section below.
- The PRION 4 has been designed with many of NOVA’s innovations like Smart Cells or Double 3D Shaping – for more information see the Technologies section below.
Scope of Delivery
- NOVA Rucksack
- NOVA Stuff Sack
- NOVA Riser Bag
- User Manual
- Repair Kit
- NOVA Windsock
- NOVA Carbon Speedbar
NOVA Protect - 1 Year Accidental Damage Warranty
NOVA Protect is a fully comprehensive protection package for your paraglider. One year after purchase of a new glider and after registering your wing (within 14 days of buying) with my NOVA, your wing is covered once for accidental damage. We will repair tears, replace lines or panels (EUR 50.- + shipping and VAT deductible).
4 Years Manufacturer's Warranty
This Full 4 years Warranty covers material as well as workmanship. If your NOVA Trim Tuning and a NOVA Full Service were completed by an authorised NOVA partner, 4 Years On Materials comes into effect and this extends the guarantee to four years*. If we are unable to repair the problem, we will deduct the current value when purchasing a new NOVA paraglider.
More details on the manufacturer's web site: NOVA
NOTE: We do not ship gliders outside of Australia. Please don't place glider orders if you don't have an Australian address. We ship all the other products worldwide.
We Also Recommend