SPOT 3 Satellite GPS Tracker Messenger
WORKS WHERE MOBILE PHONES DON'T!
SPOT Gen 3 is a compact, rugged handheld personal tracker that supports location tracking and check-in/ok reporting as well as help and duress functions. SPOT Gen 3 is delivered complete and ready-to-go.
SPOT 3 uses 100% satellite technology to give you a critical, life-saving line of communication when you travel beyond the boundaries of mobile coverage. SPOT 3 lets family and friends know you're OK, or if the worst should happen, you can send emergency responders your GPS location - all with the push of a button.
Wherever you go, track and share your adventure - and stay safe!
- Alarm Buttons: OK (sked), Custom, Help, SOS, Tracking
- Compact and easy to use
- Battery powered - 4 AAA 'off the shelf' Lithium Batteries
- Let family and friends know where you are and that you're OK
- Track your journey to relive your adventure later
- Share your adventure with online maps
- Send GPS coordinates to Emergency Responders in the event of an emergency
- Line power with a 5v USB connection. (SPOT Gen 3 is not waterproof when line powered)
- Enhanced Tracking plan options
SPOT GEN 3 Service Plans
What are the SPOT Gen3's power options?
- The SPOT Gen 3 offers three different power options:
- AAA Energizer® Ultimate Lithium 8x batteries (L92)
- NiMH rechargeable batteries
- USB line power
Please note that the SPOT Gen 3 will NOT charge rechargeable NiMH batteries.
The LED power light will blink red when the batteries are low. Please be aware of the environment as cold conditions and extreme heat can have a negative impact on battery life. We recommend carrying an extra set of batteries with you on your adventures. For the consistent performance and reliability of your device, we do NOT recommend using alkaline batteries with your SPOT device. Using a USB cable for line powering your device may subject it to possible water or dust damage.
What are the SPOT Gen3's low battery indicators?
Low Battery State:
For the SPOT Gen 3, there are two indicators for a low battery state.
- The power LED will blink red when batteries are low.
- The My Locations page will display a low battery icon in the rightmost column of displayed messages
Please note that extreme weather conditions may have an impact on battery life and performance. We recommend bringing spare batteries with you on your adventures.
We Also Recommend